Why choose progressive care:
- An independent researcher and service provider of Speciality Neurological Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation. With an expert team of Chartered Physiotherapists fully trained and equipped to provide the best service possible.
- Any neurological condition is a blow to your lifestyle and confidence. A carefully planned and meticulously executed program is tailor made to each and every single individual condition to help achieve the best possible potential – which may be returning to work or driving or leisure activities or parenting duties – while always being effective, friendly and supportive.
- A regular ‘technology clinic session’ is conducted regularly where access to the latest technology in Neurological Rehabilitation such as ‘Functional Electrical Stimulation’ (FES) and other advances offered as additional adjuncts to rehabilitation programme.
- All therapy sessions take place in a private room for individuals comfort and privacy.
- Some of the speciality equipment available are ‘body weight support treadmill’ equipment , ramp assisted parallel bar, suspension therapy, Taping, Play therapy and latest electrotherapy equipments like Intellect neo (by Chattanooga) that contains class III B laser, pressure feedback , EMG biofeedback, functional electrical stimulation, Vacuum Therapy and other electrotherapy modalities.
- All data gathered is stored and complete confidentiality is maintained to assure complete privacy.
How does our treatment work?
Specialist Neurological Rehabilitation enables recovery from a neurological illness by recruiting new brain pathways, encouraging the brain and spinal cord to make new connections for functional recovery; a process called ‘Neuroplasticity’.
This is achieved through re-aligning joints and muscles, stimulating and activating them, improving postural control and giving lots of opportunities for strength training and practice to refine new movement and balance skills.
How many treatment sessions will you need?
During actual initial assessment, main difficulties with movement and balance will be identified and treatment needs are established. Recommendations for treatment sessions will always be honest and realistic to achieve goals. Rehabilitation programme is designed to best suit individual needs and situation.