Musculoskeletal & Sports Physiotherapy
What Is Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
Musculoskeletal rehabilitation deals with impairments or disabilities due to disease, disorder or trauma to the muscles, bones, joints, ligaments or tendons.
Why Progressive Care
The Musculoskeletal and sports Rehabilitation unit offers care to a diverse population of patients recovering from various orthopedic illness including surgical procedures as well as injuries. This unit is dedicated for extensive rehabilitation for post-surgical conditions and injuries, along with education and treatment for the underlying disease process.
Musculoskeletal rehabilitation in “Progressive Care” involves the Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of various conditions. Recovery of the client is evaluated regularly with suitable orthopedic scales. In addition, an individualized therapeutic exercise program will be prescribed to address the contributing factors and promote precision of motion.
This unit is well equipped with advanced Electrotherapy modalities, manipulation couches as well as advanced therapeutic gym with highly qualified therapists.
What Do We Treat?
Patients with following conditions
- Degenerative joint diseases (knee pain, hip pain etc.)
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Sports injuries
- Fracture rehabilitation
- Common Sprains and strains
- Shoulder pain including rotator cuff injuries
- Rehabilitation after Joint replacements
- Rehabilitation after Amputations
- Rehabilitation of Spinal injuries
- Hand injuries
- Peripheral nerve injuries
- Cervicogenic headaches
- Congenital conditions
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Chronic regional pain syndrome
- Plantar fasciitis and more.
What Is Prehabilitation?
Prehabilitation is designing a patient specific and injury specific exercise program prior to an anticipated orthopedic surgery, which involves strength training and improving functional capacity for successful outcome of orthopedic and sports injuries. Meaningful changes in postoperative functional exercise capacity can be achieved with a prehabilitation program.
Importance of Prehabilitation:
Maintaining a higher level of functional ability prior to a procedure, will help to rebound more rapidly in the rehabilitation process post procedure. Prehab will not only assist in accelerated recovery but it also plays a major role in enhancing the capacity of an individual to withstand the stress associated with surgical procedure.
Who Needs Prehabilitation
Patients opting for
- Total Knee Replacement
- Total Hip Replacement (for patients diagnosed with AVN and Osteoarthritis of hip)
- Total shoulder replacement
- Ligament Reconstructions and Other Arthroscopic procedures.
- Tendon transfers and free functional Muscle transfers
- Muscle/Tendon lengthening surgeries etc….
What is Ergonomics?
In general ergonomics is nothing but laws of working; it is the scientific study of people at work. The goal of ergonomics is to reduce stress and eliminate injuries associated with overuse and bad posture.
Need of Ergonomics:
In this modern era, most of the jobs are of prolong sitting, due to incompatible work conditions both at workplace and home, many people suffer from musculoskeletal disorders, individuals have to understand their abilities and limitations during work to avoid injuries and prolong their respective careers. Repetitive stress or strain injuries can be avoided with proper ergonomics.
Conditions occur due to poor ergonomics (Repetitive stress injuries)
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- T4 syndrome
- Cervicogenic headaches.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Myofascial trigger points
- Tennis elbow
- Golfers elbow
- Trigger finger
- Upper and lower cross syndromes etc…
Who are prone for this?
- Prolong sitting professionals are at higher risk, a study states that about 75% of computer users are prone for repetitive stress injuries.
- People working in other domains are also affected.
What we do:
- Detailed ergonomic evaluation with proper tools
- Assessment of the client regarding muscle imbalances and posture,
- Individual customized exercise prescription to correct the altered mechanics.
- Client education