Analysis of Speech and Language Disorders
Speech is how we say sounds and words. People with speech problems may:
- – not say sounds clearly
- – have a hoarse or raspy voice
- – repeat sounds or pause when speaking, called stuttering
Language is the words we use to share ideas and get what we want. A person with a language disorder may have following problems:
A language disorder is an impairment that makes it hard for someone to find the right words and form clear sentences when speaking. It can also make it difficult to understand what another person says. A child may have difficulty understanding what others say, may struggle to put thoughts into words, or both.
Types of Language Disorders:
There are 3 types of languages disorders and given as below
- Receptive language issues involve difficulty understanding what others are saying.
- Expressive language issues involve difficulty expressing thoughts and ideas.
- Mixed receptive-expressive language issues involve difficulty understanding and using spoken language.
Language disorders can affect kids in a number of ways, both socially and academically. Here are some examples.
- Social skills:Understanding what others are saying and expressing themselves through words helps children form relationships. When kids can’t communicate clearly, they may struggle to make friends and be part of a social group. They may prefer to be alone and become shy or distant
- Academic struggles: Research suggests that children with language disorders also have reading issues. Some kids also struggle with writing because of their limited vocabulary and poor grasp of grammar.
SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST:
- Speech and language therapy provides treatment, support and care for children and adults who have difficulties with communication, or with eating, drinking and swallowing.
Speech and language therapists (SLTs) are allied health professionals. They work with parents, carers and other professionals, such as teachers, nurses, occupational therapists and doctors.
Check out these links for relevant information: Speech therapy
For more details contact
us on 📞9618906780